Chinese medicine — including acupuncture, herbal medicine, and other auxiliary therapies — has a track record of supporting sexual health that goes back nearly 2,000 years. Acupuncture for fertility is an extremely effective modality to improve sexual and hormonal health. In Confucian times, Chinese society particularly wanted strong and vibrant offspring to carry on the tradition of ancestor worship at the family shrine. Its medical practitioners responded with a deeply wise and gentle system of supporting both the male and female body to fulfill their evolutionary purpose of producing offspring.
Chinese medicine’s approach to boosting fecundity has stood the test of time. It uses no harsh drugs or invasive therapies. Treatment strategies continue to evolve with the help of current research and the latest technological trends.
Successful gardeners know that the secret to growing healthy plants is first nourishing the soil with plenty of water, compost, and other soil amendments. They want to not only help the seed germinate, but also to carry the plant through its entire life cycle. Chinese medicine practitioners approach human fertility in the same spirit, with the aim of getting both parents in the best possible health to ensure the strongest and healthiest baby (and the most trouble-free pregnancy).
What can acupuncture do to help my fertility?
- Increase blood flow to your uterus and ovaries, which can improve the quality of your eggs and heighten your chances of conceiving and having a successful implantation.
- Improve diminished ovarian reserve markers, thus making IVF possible for women who were not previously candidates.
- Increase your likelihood of a live birth by supporting your body’s health during pregnancy with acupuncture, herbs, and lifestyle changes.
- Improve your ability to conceive with ART.
- Improve pregnancy outcomes if you have had recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL).
- Normalize your menstrual cycle and hormone levels.
- Get you ovulating again if you have stopped ovulating because of PCOS.